Saudi Arabia is a country located in the Middle East, bordered by Jordan, Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates, Oman, and Yemen. It is the largest country in the Arab world and has a population of over 32 million people. The official language of Saudi Arabia is Arabic, and the country is a monarchy ruled by the House of Saud. The majority of the population is Muslim and the country is home to the two holiest sites in Islam, Mecca and Medina. The economy of Saudi Arabia is largely centered around the production and export of oil, which is a major contributor to the country’s wealth. The country is also known for its large reserves of natural gas and petroleum, and is a major player in the global energy market.
Here are some popular travel destinations in Saudi Arabia that may be of interest to both men and women:
- Riyadh – The capital city of Saudi Arabia, known for its modern skyscrapers and cultural attractions like the National Museum.
- Jeddah – A city known for its Red Sea coast and cultural landmarks like the King Fahd’s Fountain.
- Makkah – The holiest city in Islam, Masjid al-Haram also known as the Great Mosque of Mecca,
- Madinah – The second holiest city in Islam, home to the Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wa’sallam) was the last and final messenger of ALLAH Mosque with name Al-Masjid an-Nabawi .
- Al-Ula – A city with a rich history and cultural attractions like the Al-Hijr Archaeological Site (also known as Mada’in Saleh).
- Asir National Park – A park with a variety of landscapes, including mountains and valleys, and home to a number of species of plants and animals.
- Ha’il – A city with a rich history and cultural landmarks like the ancient mud-brick houses in the historic district of Al-Qishlah.
- Al-Ahsa Oasis – A UNESCO World Heritage site known for its palm groves and historical landmarks like the Qarah Castle.
- Al-Baha – A city known for its natural beauty, with attractions like the Al-Soudah Mountain and the Al-Safwa Park.
- Diriyah – A city with a rich history and cultural attractions like the Diriyah Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage site.